Tuesday 22 January 2013

Review: Primark False Eyelashes!



I stumbled across these eyelashes in Primark a couple of months ago and they have now become an obsession of mine. I LOVE these eyelashes! I could not believe it when I was just browsing in Primark and saw a stand of false eyelashes all for £1 each! They come in several different types and styles, some of which are more subtle and natural looking, and some of which are fuller and thicker for a more dramatic look. Previously to finding these, I never used to wear false eyelashes for two reasons; one, because I always found them too fiddly to apply, and two, because many other brands of eyelashes come at around £5-£6 a packet which I didn't like to pay for something which I was only going to wear maybe 2 or 3 times. If I look after these eyelashes then I tend to be able to get a maximum of about 5 wears out of each pair, which for £1 is amazing! 





I would say that the only downside to these eyelashes is the adhesive glue that they come with. I tried the glue out the first time I bought these false eyelashes and I found that the main problem with it was that the eyelashes kept lifting at the ends so that I had to keep reapplying the glue throughout the day which isn't ideal! Although I wasn't expecting much of the glue when I bought these eyelashes anyway due to the low price tag, so you can't really complain! To get around this problem I just use the DUO eyelash adhesive as shown above which you can buy from many places including DebenhamsMAC, and other online stores including some eBay sellers - where it can often be found cheaper! It comes in two colours, clear-white and dark-tone. They both work just as well as each other so really it just depends on personal preference as to whether you prefer your eyelash glue to be clear or black. I usually tend to lean towards the dark-tone adhesive as I just find that the way the glue is the same colour as my eyeliner means that the eyelashes blend in with my own lash line better.




The Natural Look Lashes as shown above are my go to eyelashes and my favourite out of the two that I use, as they are the most natural looking and most suited to everyday wear because I like my false eyelashes to look like my own rather than looking 'false'. When I wear these eyelashes I have to trim about 1cm off of the outer corner so that they fit my eye in the best possible way otherwise they are just too big for my eyes. But this is the same with any brand of eyelashes that I wear as I always find myself having to trim about 1cm off the end of them.




The Sultry Lashes are my second favourite pair to wear out of the range as these are the eyelashes that I turn to when I am going clubbing or for a night out because they are longer and fuller than the Natural Look Lashes whilst still remaining relatively natural. When I wear these eyelashes I again have to trim about 1cm off the outer corner in order for them to fit my eye in the best possible way. 

These eyelashes are amazing, if like me, you are a bit of a novice when it comes to applying false eyelashes, as at £1, if you mess up and end up having to throw them away then you're not really wasting your money as you can easily just buy another pair seeing as you can buy 5 or 6 pairs of the Primark eyelashes for the price of one pair of other brand eyelashes such as eyelure! And after all practice makes perfect! Overall I would give these eyelashes a 9/10 just purely for the fact that the glue they come with lets them down!

Have you tried these eyelashes? What did you think of them?


2 comments:

  1. Love these lashes! Have you tried anything from the new primark beauty range?

    I've written a long blog post about it all here:

    http://custardandcream.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an interesting and informative piece of guidance imparted by you. I am glad to discover this information here and I am sure that this might be beneficial for us.
    Eyelash Glue In Dubai
    3D Eyelashes In Dubai

    ReplyDelete